Platinum Eyelid Weight
The Berghaus/Schrom Lid-Chain is an implant to restore dynamic closure of the eye in cases of lagophtalmus resulting from facial paralysis.
- The implant is in the form of chain and thus the malleability results in an optimal adaption to the form of the tarsus.
- The pre-drilled holes are to be used for easier fixation.
- Using platinum and iridium has many advantages over the commonly used gold implants, particularly when considering weight distribution and biocompatibility.
The advantages of the Lid-Chain in comparison with conventional implants:
- Very good tissue compatibility.
- Increased density (volume reduction > 10%)
- Optimal pretarsal placement
- Reduction in postoperative complications
- Excellent results